St Mary the Virgin, Church Approach, Church Lane, Headley, Surrey, KT18 6LE
To view a map, please click here
The present church was consecrated by the Bishop of Winchester on 10th August 1860. The nave and chancel were built in 1853 and 1854 with flints for the outside walls being gathered from surrounding fields and heathland. In 1858, following transferral of the monuments and memorial tablets to the new church, permission was given to pull down the old medieval church. The remaining flint rubble was then used for the tower which, with its shingle spire, was completed in the same year.
As well as residents of the Parish of Headley with Box Hill the congregation includes worshippers from Ashtead, Epsom, Dorking, Langley Vale and other surrounding areas.
All are welcome!
For more information about the village of Headley click on this link.